Tuesday 29 January 2013

"Flourish"

What would we creative bunch do without our flourishes!? They are the salt to each recipe, they bring some sprightliness into our lay-outs and can be of great help in optically holding collaged pieces together.

Well - easy to guess: the new theme of FunWithATCs' challenge is "flourishes" this fortnight! Show us all your swirly lightness on just 3.5inches x 2.5inches of space! Let flourishes be your main ingredient or the essential spice - but show them!


I had some silver metal foil, from which I cut the flourish using the Tim Holtz "flourish" die. For the background I used some glossy cardstock, which I treated with AAI (mainly dark tones and "copper"). Afterwards I distressed the surface with the scratching tool. The flourish received a treatment with alcohol inks too and afterwards I sanded its edges with the "Sand It Gadget Tool" from Core 'dinations.(I also sanded the edges of the die cut ATC. Love the scratched and worn look).

To receive more depth and texture, I stamped and heat embossed a Paper Artsy image, using Fran tage "aged silver embossing enamel", onto the distressed background. The "flourish" quote was written by hand and embossed too.

Then I fixed the flourish to the background using staples - a lot of staples to be exact. :)
For a finish I added two industrial looking brads (LOVE THEM! Thank you so much, Sandra!!!).

I really hope you enjoyed your visit today and am looking forward to seeing your flourishing creations over at FwATCs ;) !!!

Hugs,

die amelie x

6 comments:

  1. ein Genuss für die Sinne Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extraordinarily beautiful Claudia. I am always amazed by your alchohol ink pieces and this is no exception. Love it to bits. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally and utterly glorious - may be a new favourite for me... Everything about it is just perfect!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Das sieht mal wieder richtig gigantisch aus, ganz großes Kino!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the industrial tribal feel to this, it has all the trade mark Claudia texture and colour. stunning.
    love the little cards your son made, great fun, good to see him getting involved.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx