Saturday, 4 July 2015

Alice in Wonderland - 150th Anniversary Blog Hop

Today we are celebrating the 150th Anniversary of Alice in Wonderland, and what better way to do that, than to share lots of creative projects inspired by this wonderful story.

Not only will you see lots of amazing artwork today, but you can also win prizes from the following amazing companies;

Prize winners will be selected from Random blogs throughout the hop using to select each winner.  In order to be eligible for a prize you must visit all stops on the hop and leave a comment. The prize draws will be open until July 18th, with winners announced on July 20th.

Here's my Alice in Wonderland project for the hop:

I had bought a lovely set of Alice in Wonderland "Quartet stamps" ages ago at ebay and this was the perfect occasion to use them. They are really tiny, so the booklet is too ;)

Its height measures about 1 3/4 inches (4 1/2 cm)!


When it unfolds it reveals all the other lovely images from the set! Aren't they adorable?

As you can see I tried to give my accordion booklet an aged look with cracks and stains and worn's the 150th anniversary of the story, right? ;)

To achieve that look I first stamped the images in black archival ink and then sealed the whole booklet with a coat of matte DecoArt Decou-page to prepare it for the next step. After all had dried I applied some DecoArt media clear Crackle Glaze around the images and used a fine tip brush that I had loaded with water to dilute and smudge the  Crackle Glaze coat towards the images so there wasn't a sharp edge. 

I left the Crackle Glaze to dry naturally for about two hours and then rubbed in some DecoArt media Raw Umber Antiquing Cream to make the cracks visible. 

After all was dry I sprinkled on some golden and dark brown drops of spray paint and let them dry naturally (which takes quite some time as the surface isn't porous took almost half a day...and speeding up the process with the heat tool would have caused bubbles from the layer of Crackle I had to be me). 

I applied some DecoArt Metallic Lustre "Gold Rush" around the front and back covers' edges and found a matching ribbon to tie my booklet closed. 

I hope you like it! It really is a rather simple project but the images are so gorgeous that they didn't need much of a show put around them. So here they are...and I never tire of looking at them. 

Have fun hopping and good luck with the prize draws! 


Blog Hop List

Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Steampunk Tic Tac Toe - the Great SASPC Summer Special Challenge

Hello, servus and welcome to today's start of our great summer steampunk special challenge over at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

As most of us will be on holidays during the next weeks we decided to have this challenge run from the start of July until the end of August - which gives you all two months time to create and enter a project! There are also fab prizes to win (yes, prizes!!! ;)

And who doesn't love and enjoy a round of happy, messy, crafty, artsy Tic-Tac-Toe.....!
So my wonderful DT ladies helped me find a lot of yummy ingredients and I made a (rather sketchy) grid for our challenge:
(click on image to enlarge)

Steampunk Tic Tac Toe is played by choosing one of the horizontal, vertical or diagonal lines' ingredients to use them on your project.

I went for the diagonal line the deep sea, metal paints and crackle and created another shadow-box! (those who already know me know how much I love to create shadow-boxes). ;)

My son loves all those mysterious and wonderful deep sea creatures - and so do I! So I created this shadow box for him and it shows his two favourite animals: the giant squid and the sperm whale  (which is one of my favs too).

They are UmWow Studio laser cut pieces which I covered with a coat of acrylic paint and a coat of clear DecoArt media Crackle Glaze after the paint had dried. The white DecoArt media Antiquing Cream finally made the cracks visible and I think it really looks quite close to a sperm whale's skin! Yay!

The images of the aquanaut and the sunken ship are from an Oxford Impressions stamp set and I painted them with diluted DecoArt media acrylic paint before I fussy cut them and glued some thick foam board pieces to their backs.

For the background of my box and for the deep sea landscape I used designer papers and scraps. The silver-y bubbles were stamped on using DecoArt Metallic Lustre and a 3rd Eye stamp.

The aquanaut's helmet, boots and belt were painted with DecoArt Dazzling Metallics paints.

The black smoker was created using a torn scrap from one of my old Gelli prints.

The box I used for my shadow box was a lid from a(nother) chocolate box I had to empty for the sake of art.

The outside of the frame was painted with DecoArt Chalky Finish paint as it adheres to slick surfaces without any preparation. The sunken ship got a coat of DecoArt media Quinacridone Gold. Because of the paint's translucency the stamped image shows through without any loss of detail!

I hope you like my little deep sea adventure! And I would love to invite you to hop over to our challenge blog and check out the creations of my wonderful teamies who have - as usual - outdone themselves!

I wish you all the most amazing, wonderful, happy, relaxing, inspiring, fun,....holidays and hope to see you over at our summer special challenge during the next two months!

Hugs and happy crafting,
Claudia xxx

Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Grungy Frame Tutorial - a Sneak Peek

Hi and servus to a short sneak peek that is meant to lure you over to the That Craft Place Challenge blog!
It's time for another edition of VonPappe Wednesday and I have prepared a new exclusive tutorial for all the That Craft Place readers and followers.

To find out more about my latest tutorial click HERE.

Hugs and happy crafting,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...