Thursday 9 March 2017

A Canvas Tag and a Flower



Servus, hi, thanks for stopping by and welcome to my little creative spot!
It's been a long time since I last made a paper flower...but once in a while a project just screams for one and I have to admit: I had such fun creating it! I used the fab "Tattered Florals" die from Tim Holtz (which is the only flower die I have and one of my very first items I bought when starting this hobby).



The challenge for my latest DT project for Canvas Corp Brands was to work on one of their canvas tags from the "Canvas Shapes" line. It's a large, stitched tag made from pure canvas - so paints and mists and other media behave a bit differently on it than they do with paper. So I experimented a lot - with Gesso, aquarellable pencils, scraped on paint, sprayed and sprinkled on Glimmer Mists....and they all turned out just amazingly!




And of course my tag had to have a jute cord loop! 


If you want to see the finished tag and a detailed how-to with steps images over at the Canvas Corp Brands site (alongside another tag that was done by my crew mate Alicja - one canvas tag - two totally different outcomes) just hop over by following the link:






Hope to see you over there!
Hugs and happy crafting!
Claudia
xxx

4 comments:

  1. A nice idea! Hope to see more. By the way, I start today (!) My Vernissage in Augsburg...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia - this is FABULOUS. You know how I love all things canvas so this is so INSPIRING to me. The paints on the canvas turned out soooo perfectly - just love your 'background'. And what an INCREDIBLE FLOWER - so UNIQUE, GRUNGY and FUN - I just love it's one of kind LOOK. It just goes so well with your Queen! You started my day off with a smile - this is just GRAND. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really stunning flower - loving the look of the grungy background too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous grungy looking tag and fabulous layered elements Claudia, especially that amazing flower xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx