Tuesday 20 May 2014

52 Card Pickup - Session 5

It's been quite some time since I have done any altered playing cards for my 52 cards pickup project. If you don't know that "52 Card Pickup" means, learn more about it here.

This time my group of four cards look a bit less "lighthearted" and "fun"...which mainly is caused by the fact that I have been struggling with constant nervousness and sometimes also panic attacks from out of the blue for the last months. And although I still try not to let it take me down too much, I have reached a point where I can feel the exhaustion quite a lot. (The source for this still isn't found yet, but my doctors and I are getting closer it seems...).

You will find that the quotes I used on these four cards indicate some of the struggle I am in at the moment. But then I think: in that hectic life most of us have they should be helpful to others too sometimes.





#17






#18






#19






#20






Materials used:  Paper Artsy Eclectica Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics "Chutney", "Chartreuse", "Seaweed" and "Tikka" alongside some scraps from the Prima "Cartographer" paper stash. Washi tape, some Bo Bunny, Kaisercraft and Prima stamps for texture and Distress markers "black soot" and "broken china" to shade in the word tiles and hearts.

Hugs,
Claudia x

17 comments:

  1. Wowowowow, was sind die klasse geworden, liebe Claudia. Ich bin hellauf begeistert. Tolle APCs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you create these Claudia! They are so packed with goodies. Stunning as always and I have PINNED them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia these are fab! Things got in the way of me joining in but every time I see some more completed cards by you it reminds me I should play along. Sorry to hear you are not feeling so good and hope things get sorted for you soon.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. die Muse hat doch mal wieder vorbei geschaut, tolles Ergebnis mit sehr kreativen, abwechslungsreichen Hintergründen! LG Kerstin x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! So many wonderful details Claudia.....I would love to join in with this but can't find time......like you say Life can be hectic at times. Sending you good wishes and thank you for sharing

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Die Karten sind fantastisch geworden!!!!
    Liebe Grüße, Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, was sind die wieder genialschön, ich bin, wie meist, mega begeistert ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's such depth to this set of cards, love all the details you've included.
    Sorry to read that you are still having problems with your health, sending Best Wishes.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful set of cards, they seem so heartfelt in the message they give, when you look at them.
    Sorry to read that your health problems are still on going. I do hope you get answers soon. Take care.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you as you battle your health problems. Let's hope the doctors find a cause very soon so you can work on a solution. I love these cards - so complicated yet so simple and dramatic. It's all a question of perspective; close up there is so much going on, yet the further away you stand from them the clearer they become... Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful set of cards Claudia.

    Warm hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Art is a great therapy for many of us as we battle our demons. Your cards are beautiful. Wishing you the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry to read about your anxiety and panic attacks - I hope that they have become more manageable. I believe that crafting and creting things are an excellent way to soothe and treat the soul, and I have seen art therapy used in hospitals for children who have experienced extreme trauma. Your altered cards are beautiful, thank you so much for sharing. I also wanted to say thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on my painted boxes blogpost on my blog. It made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Claudia your set of cards is very original and beautiful as always! I totally understand what you mean, I too suffered from panic attacks last year, fortunately I can now better control the anxiety and I think this way we express ourselves in our works bringing all our soul, is the only real therapy! A big hug! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. It must be so hard what you are going through... but there's a reason they say great art comes out of great struggle. These are amazing.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hallo Claudia, die Karten sind phänomenal!!! Ich bin total begeistert davon! Die Farbkombination bringt eine unglaubliche Tiefe - toll, toll, toll!
    Ganz liebe Grüße
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx