Wednesday 10 July 2013

12 tags of 2013 - july

The July tag from Tim Holtz' "12 tags of 2013" brings a lot of yummy texture as I've seen, so I was glad I found some time to give it a try today :)

As we do not celebrate the 4th of July in Austria, I chose something that was related in colours: "London" and the awesome "Paris to London" stamps from Tim Holtz - one of my latest favourites. And as I am a great London-fan, this stamp sheet was a must have to me ;)




The idea of creating a background using droplets of Distress stains and the brayer is absolutely great! I LOVE the smears of intense colour you get this way!


After I had prepared the background of my tag, I stamped the British flag, covering the blue areas with masking tape when stamping the red ones and vice versa.


I cut out the flag and gave it a thick coat with Distress clear rock candy crackle paint. After the magic of crackling had happened I rubbed in some "black soot" Distress ink and whiped off the excess on the surface to make the crackles more visible.


As Tim used some metallic colours with his tag, I used Distress stains "brushed pewter" with the edges of my flag, creating "puddles" to achieve a bit of a soldered edge look.

I stamped the "luhn-duhn" phonetic spelling using the Tim Holtz "worn text" letter 
stamps and the image of the guard onto the tag. To add some more texture I added some of the smaller images from the "Paris to London" stamp sheet.

Then I added some torn scraps of Tim Holtz tissue tape for more interest.

The idea-ology enameled tag was covered with an idea-ology remnant rub on, the piece of fabric at the bottom was stamped and heat embossed  using white embossing powder.




























A piece of white ribbon was stamped with the image of Big Ben and sewn to the tag together with the flag. Afterwards I added the wire pin and the label tag from the Tim Holtz idea-ology range.

The edges of the tag were distressed, blended with Distress ink "black soot" and I also applied Distress stain "brushed pewter" with some spots.










I had a lot of fun creating this tag and I hope you like it too. Thank you all for stopping by my place and having a look around and thank you for your comments you leave with me - I really appreciate them all!

Hugs,

die amelie x





16 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on Tim's tag, Claudia. I especialy love the flag, it looks greta with those crackles.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...ich bin mal wieder beeindruckt. Sowas von grungy. Absolut fantastisch (:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Das ist echt toll! Die Briten werden Dich dafür lieben Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eine absolut grandiose Arbeit - fantastisch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ein total schönes Tag, mir gefällt wie du die Farbkombi aufgegriffen hast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great take on Tim's tag Claudia, love the flag and the way you crackled it. Love the stitched London at the bottom too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow richtig Klasse, diesen Cracklelack kannte ich noch gar nicht - muss ich dringend mal probieren denn es sieht wirklich toll aus!
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great details Claudia...a great English tag

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Das Tag ist großartig geworden, liebe Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ein superschönes Tag!! Die Fahne gefällt mir auch total!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool tag - I love that you've stamped Big Ben on the ribbon!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wie klasse!!!! Ich als England-Fan finde das Tag soooo grandios!!!! Wirklich super gemacht!!!! Hammer, auch die ganzen Details!!!!

    LG!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your take on Tim's tag, not an easy one for non Americans but I really like what you came up with, great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wie schön ist das denn?? :-) Da bin ich völlig begeistert!
    Dafür gibt es einen Award, wenn Du magst! Auf meinen Buchwelten abzuholen!

    Alles Liebe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous take on Tim's tag Claudia. Love the flag and the fabric elements. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE your British interpretation of Tim's July tag. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx