Friday 26 April 2013

Help Heather shine!

I am on a mission... the first moment I saw Heather, I knew she needed someone to make her a bit more happy again.

"Who is Heather?" I hear you ask. Well, "Heather" is one of the newly released 3rd Eye stamps which I really love as they are very unique in design. This month's challenge over at 3rd Eye wants to see something "sunny" - so it should not surprise that they call it the "Sunny Challenge" ;)

But let me introduce you to Heather first:



As she looks veeery melancholic (maybe she writes poetry or does some art journaling using dark colours...??) I wondered what could be done to help Heather shine again (not too much and too often, but at least from time to time...as I think a little melancholic streak is necessary to create poetry or other art that has some depth... ;)



For the tag background I used Distress inks and Distress paints with water and after drying I stamped the "branch" stamp on top using DI "chipped sapphire".


 
The white paper I stamped the leaf stamp on several times (to use as sun beams) was coloured using the "DIs with water spritz, dap and flick" technique (one of my all time favs).  After that had dried I cut out the single leaves and glued them to a punched card circle and Heather's cut out face on top. Voila - Heather had turned "sunny" - but somehow she still did not shine right... maybe you can help?



Heather's face was also coloured using white, blue and red gel pens. For a finishing touch I used the leaf stamp again to create a border with the whole tag.

I also enter Simon Says Stamp's "anything goes" challenge with this tag.

Hope you like it!!!
Thanks for visiting!

die amelie xoxo





7 comments:

  1. wow - so cooool!
    LG Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool... I think you've succeeded in making her shine!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather feels well now she's with you, so it looks Von!
    Pretty creation.

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the way you've turned heather into a ray of sunshine, and the leaves turned sun rays are inspired. Fab creation as usual

    ReplyDelete
  5. genial! ich mag wie du die blätter mit Heather kombiniert hast!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so lovely! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx