Friday 1 March 2013

Cuckoo Clocks Go Steampunk!

Good evening, dear visitors, crafting friends, followers and those still to become!
Maybe you have already visited the new challenge blog my FF (=fantastic friend) SanDee and I have set up for you...



Our very first challenge is about cuckoo clocks, which are a little different than the ones you get in the Schwarzwald ;)



My first try on this month's challenge theme was mainly a metal oriented one.
I embossed silver metal foil and treated it with alcohol inks and sanded it afterwards using steel wool.

The main background of the tag is made from embossed black Kraft core, which I rubbed some metal rub ons in to highlight the shapes of the cogs and gears just a little.

For the roof of the cuckoo...er...owl clock I cut the embossed silver foil to pieces and glued them together to build a roof-like shape. I punched the hole for the owls home and fixed the die cut owl with some sticky foam pads to the opening.



The main corps of the clock is cut from the prepared silver foil too, the watch parts, cogs and gears were die cut using Xcut chronology dies and blended with Distress inks around the edges. The little fence was also cut from silver foil and coloured with alcohol inks.


I tried to achieve some depth by mounting the parts to a lot of different layers.



The second cuckoo clock I tried, uses one of my most beloved panels again alongside with some wire work, mod podgeing and tissue stamping, a lot of distressing and heat embossing using my favourite aged metal embossing enamels...



I hope you like it and even more this time I hope I will soon see you over at  our new Steampunk challenge blog, sharing  some awesome cuckoo (or whatever *lol) clocks with SanDee and me!!!





















Hugs,

die amelie x


9 comments:

  1. *schwärm*
    Beide Werke sind fantastisch geworden, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Claudia, your cuckoo clocks are awesome! I love the attention to detail that you put into each one! AWESOME!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥ ( oh, and congrats on the TH win! )

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastisch.. mir gefällt diese Wellpappenuhr gaaanz besonders gut!ein Hit Deine Uhren Claudia!
    schönes Wochenende!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fab! Absolutely fab! Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was warst du fleißig, dickes Kompliment....da sind ja wieder wahre Meisterwerke entstanden, besonders hat es mir der Tag mit der Uhr angetan.....ach der ist ja wohl genial.

    Ich wünsche dir einen schönen Samstag, liebe Grüße von Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beide Uhren sind so unterschiedleich, aber beide sind großartig entworfen.
    Toll gemacht*dickesLob*
    Komm doch mal wieder vorbei mit den super Inspirationen.
    Wünsceh Dir ein schönes sonniges We,
    lG Anja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deine Uhren sind wirklich fantastisch!!!! Sehen klasse aus!!!!


    LG!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beide sind wirklich spitzenmäßig gewerkelt, liebe Claudia! Chapeau !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are out of this world... completely fabulous inspiration for your brilliant new challenge - wow!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx