Saturday 1 August 2015

Mexico Moods - Summer Challenge at Our Creative Corner



Servus and welcome to the second package of inspiration for our special "Mexico Moods" summer challenge over at Our Creative Corner!

And along with a fabulous mood board that is meant to be your inspirational source and guideline for your projects come some more specials like our two fantastic prize sponsors, Stampington&Co and Tando Creative and two wonderful guest designers chosen by the OCC team.
Stampington are also generously offering a $2 voucher to everyone who enters our challenge!

Our Top3 will be a team vote this time instead of having a challenge host who chooses them. 

And this is the wonderful mood board that I fell in love with at first sight:

 

Grab any inspiration you like from these images - colours, shapes, themes, the whole bundle...

As I loved every single image of the mood board I decided to go for the colours mainly and so I took out my acrylic paints, a palette knife and some coloured canvas tags and started creating a happy mess - trying to mainly capture the vibrancy and joyful mood of the colour combos instead of having a finished project in mind when I started out. 

And this is the series of five vibrant tags I came up with:




 I simply scraped on various paints using a palette knife and saw to it that the tones formed the same colour combos which I so loved and adored with the mood board images. The already coloured background of the tags was very helpful as I didn't have to see that I covered up the whole area. 




I added some scribbling with a white Sharpie, a bit of adhesive fabric ribbon and washi tape and some stamping to add more detail to them. The finishing touch was done with my label maker. 



I had a great time messing with vibrant paints, scribbling, stamping and doodling.... hope you will have a great time when doing your "Mexico Moods" projects too! Can't wait to see them over at our Summer Challenge!

Hugs and happy crafting,
Claudia xxx

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic!! Love this to bits, Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tags look adorable. There is so much to look at.
    Very inspiring, thanks for showing Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia, I LOVE each and every tag--They're a FIESTA for the eyes!! I completely see the color inspiration through and through :) Oh, completely love the little labels you made for each one--very positive indeed!! Fabulous inspiration for the challenge!! GO TEAM!! :) :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Happy August Claudia! Love those summery tags, the bright colours pop with the white sharpie and black labels. You really had fun. Hugs Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claudia
    Very beautiful tags, colors are amazing !
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, was für eine sommerfrische Farbpalette, da muss der Sommer in Schwung kommen und mit ihm die gute Laune :-)! LG Kerstin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Herrliche Tags Claudia! Wow!
    Einen schönen Sommer wünsch ich Dir noch!
    Noch einen Monat Ferien durchzustehen...

    Liebe Grüße
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claudia, just trying to catch up a bit with my blogging friends. I went over to the Creative Corner Challenge and I have to say your tags are brilliant for this. Love them to bits. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wuii, das sind tolle arbeiten, liebe claudia!....noch dazu in den tollen farben meines 2. liebelingslandes... :-)
    glg
    margit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful your tag! Mexico inspires with its colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Claudia I love all the patterns and colors on these tags. They go so well with the Mexico Moods board theme. Your work is amazing! xxx Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wunderschöne, farbenfrohe Tags ganz im Modern Art Stil, gefallen mir sehr.
    Liebe Grüße
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhhhh Claudia - I just LOVE these. The colors are FABULOUS. I soooo love bright colors and these just made my day. Going back for another look - makes me want to go paint BRIGHT colors. Very inspiring! j.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your colorful tags! Fabulous and bright! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those tags are just delightful! Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx