Sunday 5 April 2015

"Masterboard" Challenge at The Mirror Crack'd

Servus, happy Easter and welcome back to another mixed media challenge over at The Mirror Crack'd!

We want you to "make and use a masterboard" this time. A masterboard is a large, self made background piece designed to cut up and used in smaller projects. It can be created any mixed media way you can think of. With paints, inks, spray paints, stencils, stamps,....just to name a few.

Here's what I came up with:




I had some left overs from my last Gelli plate session lying around (you know: that kind of prints you are not really content with but cannot throw away either).
When I found that some of them matched the colour of a (previously emptied) chocolate box, an idea started to form in my head.

I got out my black archival ink, my new Red Lead crows stamp and some DecoArt Misters and created this masterboard:




See how well the chocolate box and the colours of the print go together? Hah - lucky me! ;)




I cut my masterboard to size and glued one of the strips to the inside of the box.




The other two strips were glued to the top and bottom of the box lid. For a finish I added some black and white washi tape here and there - done!











My team mates have created the most amazing masterboards (and projects from them) too - so make sure you hop over to the The Mirror Crack'd challenge blog and see for yourself!

Good luck with the challenge (I can't wait to see your masterboards and creations) and hugs and happy crafting,

Claudia xxx


12 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that crow stamp and the way you used it. The finished box is a great idea.
    Have a lovely Easter and happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous masterboard and such a brilliant idea with the box you had laying around - it is almost you made the paper to go with it. Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your masterboard, the birds are great!
    Happy Easter from Lula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful use of masterboard, Claudia. Love your new chocolate box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Claudia,
    This is a fabulous make, I love the Crows and the Yellow Palette.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Claudia! The colours and images are really cool. I have not tried gelli plates yet but you are inspiring me to have a go. Hugs Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work, Claudia!!!
    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that stamp! and your background is awesome x
    hugs
    Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the tuto, your background is gorgeous.
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool masterboard make Claudia!!
    love those crows!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. bonjour Claudia , merci de ton passage , c'est ingénieux cette idée de récupération pour ce masterboard j'aime beaucoup et les couleurs claques bien pour la saison à bientot nate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic masterboard, Claudia!! Yeah Chocolates-YUM!! :) :) I'm starting to make myself more masterboards as I create along and they are wonderful to have! I'll have to go over to The Mirror Crack'd and see what's happening :) :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx