Tuesday 8 October 2013

FunwithATCs - "At least three stamps!"

Hello and welcome back to another fortnight's edition of FunwithATCs' challenges!

This time we want you to use 
"at least three stamps" 
for your ATC. 

I chose my new favourites - the 7 Gypsies stamps "A bug's life". As I love natural history books and especially the books of Sybilla Merian, who was a remarkable wife and artist, I tried to do an ATC "Merian - style".


The stamped images were coloured using artists brush felt tip pens and for a finish I gave the whole ATC a coat of DecoArt One Step Crackle for a sealant. Used on a porous surface like paper it does not crackle, but builds a nice even glossy layer that protects the image.

I hope you join in with us at FunwithATCs! See you over there!

Hugs and happy crafting,

Claudia x

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous Claudia, it looks just like a plate from a natural history book.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried to leave a comment but pressed the wrong button I think..... I love your beautiful ATC Claudia, the tones are gorgeous and it really does look like a plate from a book - gorgeous. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Looks like a page out of a very old botanical encyclopedia that you found lurking in an old attic. Wonderful ATC. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colors in the wings. Beautiful ats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exquisitely beautiful, Claudia - simply lovely - the inking, the stamping, the subtle crackle. I agree with Mary Elizabeth - it looks like a beautiful vintage illustration. Breathtakingly gorgeous!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mottled background is beautiful and suits the stamp choice to perfection.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx