Saturday 17 August 2013

Holiday Journaling

As some of you may already know, I am off on holidays in the beautiful Austrian Salzkammergut.

Today we had a wonderful day at the lake and I went swimming, enjoyed the lovely view at the Höllengebirge (transl.: "Hell Mountains" ;) and tried to capture some of it in a watercolor painting. (Watercolors and my HeroArts letter stamp set are the only things I have been taking with me .... I thought that some aquarell painting exercising wood definitely do me some good ;)


As you can see, when the painting was finished I decided to add some written thoughts and script stamping, to create a kind of journal page.



As I am totally unexperienced with art journaling, I hope you like it anyway!







I hope you are all doing well and have a wonderful creative time!

Hugs,

die amelie - Claudia x

13 comments:

  1. Meine Güte, wie klasse ist das denn? Total inspirierend, fast wie von einer Postkarte abgemalt nur viel schöner!!(:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely painting, I'm so envious. I'm useless at drawing, that's why I love stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Das ist ja toll gestaltet - gefällt mir sehr gut!!!
    Liebe Grüße, Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this project of yours. Thanks for showing. Anneke. www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Claudia this looks fantastic, great painting, you really get a feel for the mood of the place and I love the addition of the text!

    Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claudia, your painting is picture postcard perfect, it will be wonderful as a memory of your holiday. Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I am very impressed with your painting skills! This is really a wonderful piece. Love the way you combined your watercoloring with the stamping. What a wonderful keepsake from your holiday!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your art journal page. It's got a very nostalgic feel to it and the colors are magnificent. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm most impressed Claudia - you are a really talented painter. Love the addition of the descriptions. Enjoy the rest of your holiday. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I do like this very much Claudia! A great scenery and creative too!

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's beautiful - makes me long for the mountains, wonderfully captured in your painting, and I love the lettering - the combination of the stamped and handwritten words is lovely. Hope you continue to have a wonderful time.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Claudia. So much better than simply taking a photo. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have captured the very essence of art journal with your gorgeous paintings while on holiday. I wish I could read your writing. Beautifully created. Really wonderful art journaling!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx