Monday 27 August 2012

"The Journey" - resist technique tag

Inspired by the challenge from FrillyandFunkie, "Can you resist?", I did this tag, finally using some of the Tim Holtz travel set stamps I have been storing for quite some time now...

As I love the resist techniques, because they beautifully "save" the background done before working over it as many times as you like, I just had to submit to this challenge and I am going to enter this tag to it. I also enter this tag to the challenge at "Try it on Tuesday", where "Travel" is called for.

I first inked the tag, cut from a single tone soft creamy coloured paper, with distress inks "spiced marmalade", "rusty hinge", "vintage photo" and "pumice stone" using the blending tool. Afterwards I sprinkled the surface with water to get the stainy look I love so much. When this had dried, I stamped the two hotel signs and the airplane with embossing ink and embossed the images with clear super fine embossing powder from Ranger.

After that step I added some more distress inks - especially to the areas, where I had stamped the images - to highten the contrast. I also added some texture by stamping the whole tag with maps and text. The "enjoy the journey"-quote is stamped onto a brown paperbag scrap, torn out and afterwards glued onto the tag. Finally I added the picture of the old airplane at the left top corner and the balloon, softly fading in the background of the airplane done in resist technique. The lace ribbon gives the whole thing some ground to stand on as I see it. Simple natural cord for the top - walah!

Here are some more close-ups!



Hope you enjoyed stopping by! Hugs, die amelie xx

21 comments:

  1. I love it Amelie...great colours and stamping background is awesome!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ana,

      for stopping by and leaving such a lovely laud!!!!

      Hugs,

      die amelie xxx

      Delete
  2. Sooooooooooo klasse, gefällt mir sehr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, danke dir, Margot!

      Freut mich sehr, dass es dir so gefällt!

      LG,

      Claudia

      Delete
  3. Danke recht herzlich, Rein!!!

    LG,

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eine super Technik, dein Tag sieht klasse aus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lieben Dank, Silvia!

      Reservier-Technik ist eine feine Sache! Dank dir fürs schöne Lob!

      Delete
  5. It's technically brilliant - but so much more than that, it's artistically stunning ... the layered forms of transport, layers of rich, delicious colour, all overlapping, layered and appearing and disappearing - I absolutely love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad about your comment, because I was not sure at all if one could detect this "appearing and disappearing"-thing with all it's layers and if I had done too much.... your words tell me, I didn't! Thank you so much!!!

      Hugs,

      die amelie xxx

      Delete
  6. You have my vintage heart here! Love love love your choice for images on this resist! The background is pure eye candy for me! What a great tag and very simple to do, but so much punch! You have a new follower! Thank you so much for playing along with us this fortnight at Frilly & Funkie!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I say a heartfelt "Welcome" to you, Anita!

      I am glad you love the tag and my vintage approach to this stuff!!!! Hope to be able to produce some "eye candy" for you again!

      Hugs,

      die amelie xx

      Delete
  7. Absolutely Stunning. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rita,

      for stopping by and leaving such a lovely laud!!! :)

      die amelie xx

      Delete
  8. Beautiful take on the resist challenge! Love the vintage feel and colors! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terry,

      for the kind visit and the laud! :)

      Delete
  9. What a fabulous tag. Love this technique and your choice of stamps gives a lovely vintage feel.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it, Avril!

      Thanks for the kind visit!!!

      die amelie xx

      Delete
  10. WOW I love this tag, thanks playing along with TioT
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx